Sunday 26 October 2008

The bridge before Dingboche

We're getting excited about making films in my house having recently got a new hdd video camera and having last night ordered a waterproof helmet cam for those essential action pics... So I wanted to have a play around with uploading film clips to the blog.
This clip is from a trek to Gorak Shep to run the Everest Marathon last year. This river crossing was shortly before Dingboche. The bridge had been swept away so there were a few swiftly nailed together pieces of wood put down to replace it. What you can't see in the film is that the wind was gusting to 30mph and that any falls into the river would almost certainly have been fatal. The only way I could force myself to cross in good style (meaning not on my belly) was by shouting all the way across so I couldn't think. Quite an effective strategy as it turned out. For this I earned the title YakHunter.

No comments: