Sunday 25 January 2009

Sunday Run









Yesterday I raced the third leg of the Devil's Burden with Amanda and then we ran the 4th leg just for some extra miles. My ultra training "schedule" (very loose!) demanded that I do a long run today so I set off on the airport run with the remit of running more than 20 miles at any old pace I liked. I took my camera and ipod for entertainment as I expected it to be grim but the weather was unexpectedly mellow and my legs must be getting stronger as I was not as sore as I thought I would be. I had a dry mouth from an impromptu Burns Supper last night with Scott and Amanda incorporating Scotmid Whisky! During the run I developed a craving for fried eggs and chicken so I had a chicken and egg sandwich when I got home without running into any philosophic problems. I kind of thought I might take a photo of it but I forgot and ate it first. 20.2 miles at 9min21sec pace. Given some of the mud I ran through this isn't so bad.

No comments: