Friday 20 March 2009

Housework workout



Attempting to back off running until my heel gets better, my cold goes away and now until some tummy bug I seem to have goes away. Its the down-side of running; illness and injury. The up-side of these being with all those extra hours you can do other things.

 Yesterday I did a mere (and slow) 10 miler up the water of Leith and back and then set about trying to hoover up some dust in the house which has been building up as both of us are usually too tired and sore to push a hoover around. Friends Jane and Jim and baby Rosie were coming around.

We're not really a baby friendly household so I acted as High chair at Rosie's tea-time. I got to wear a fair amoung of chicken stew stuff and then some apple stuff for afters. She's very strong and nips a fair bit.

I had to tell Ben and Richard the night before that I likely wouldn't be doing the Highland Fling and suffer through their reactions. I couldn't bring myself to tell Graham Henry.
It was soothing then to tell Jim and Jane who couldn't give a hoot about doing the long stuff and thought it was infinitely more important to avoid injury than to follow through no matter what...

Now laying plans for doing Stuc a Chroin as Jim and Jane are up for it and Ben's quite keen too. Also thinking we need to enter Lairig Ghru soon if we want a place on the bus. Having a reevaluation of the summer's running plans...

6 comments:

R. Ian Parlin said...

Surely a trip to the USA for some short trail races wouldn't hurt. I hope that lumpy heel gets back down to normal size soon! Sorry to hear that you won't be flinging yourself around the highlands :(

Yak Hunter said...

What's a good time to come to the USA then gIANt? Have you got something in mind? Heel is a lot less sore but also strangely persistent.

R. Ian Parlin said...

Mid September. You can run my 12 mile race (the Bradbury Bruiser) on the 13th and then the following weekend you can crew for me at the Iroquois 100 miler (or run the 50 miler yourself!) Nice weather that time of year, not too hot. Or you could come in early October and have a go at the wife carrying competition.

Yak Hunter said...

Peter says no way is he carrying his wife! The rest sounds good.

R. Ian Parlin said...

If he's going to act like a little girl then you can carry him.

Yak Hunter said...

I'm always carrying him anyway Ian. Later part of September looks pretty good and the flights are still pretty reasonable. I think we might have to come and see you.