Thursday 30 September 2010

Lovely day in the Pentlands


I was thinking about doing the whole Skyline course but when I got to Scald Law I realised that would be greedy and that I should save some of it for race day so I snuck down to the path that goes to Black Hill via the path just before East Kip.


After all the nasty rainy days it was a real corker and truly warm. I didn't really take enough fluid and lost 4lbs while I was out there. Now rehydrating on tea.




It has become de rigueur in the club lately to include photos of yourself mugging in the hills so I wanted to get in on this scene. This face denotes fear and awe.



This face shows pain and determination.


A load of sly cows lying in wait but I got past them. A lyrical pastoral scene? I don't think so.




It was about here I was starting to think "lets leave a few miles for another day".



Little furry friend was a welcome distraction going up Bell's Hill. It would have been wrong to stride past it.


And then the scenery going up Bell's Hill demanded a picture. I was very frustrated to keep stopping but it was only right.


A beautiful sheep like a beacon in the sky.


Its (nearly) all downhill if you can just get to that white thing...

Oddly today's run was nearly 16 miles despite cutting the end off the course but I did start at the Hill End road car park rather than at the ski centre. I've got a bit of a cold so I was puffing a bit but my legs stood up well to the challenge today. Hopefully in good shape for the Skyline proper in 10 days time.




1 comment:

Climbingmandy said...

Great stuff Mary. Sounds like you had a good adventure in the hills with plenty of time to dream up new faces for mountain running!