Sunday 7 July 2013

Warm weekend.











 

We did 17 miles in the boiling heat at the beach yesterday with Amanda coming most of the way and then catching up with Ben and Alison for an extended lunch afterwards.

Today we headed for the hills. Unlike last Sunday it was a warm gentle day. To my delight we ran into Douglas and Richard from club about a mile into the run, half way up Beech Avenue. That put me in a good mood for the rest of the run. We ran past quite a few grumpy looking hill walkers. I think the heat was getting to them.

Running up hill was hard as usual and big drips of sweat and sunscreen were dropping off my head. It went by pretty quickly though and soon we were on the long downhill from Scald Law, down the side of East Kip down to the Howe and then it's NEARLY flat and downhill to finish.

On the uphills I was thinking about Angela Mudge and her advice not to think about how hard it is.  On the way down I was thinking about Morgan Donnelly and his advice about how to tackle it. I've embedded a video with his advice on hill running above. It's worth a watch.

Back at the van we ate a punnet of cherries and some bananas and all was right with the world.

No comments: