Saturday 1 March 2014

Water of Leith 13 miler











Moonologists will realise that not all the photos above can be from the same morning. I was surprised to find, when  I uploaded today's selfie from my camera, another 18 shots from out the window. It's becoming a habit.

Anyway, I have been too busy to write lately, but not to run. What I've been doing is shorter runs with faster bursts as I recently read a thing about High Intensity Interval Training and also because I haven't really had time to go out for longer runs. I think the timing was just right as I've noticed a sudden improvement in my pace. Particularly pleasing because I wasn't really looking for it.

Today I went a 13 miler up the Water of Leith and back via the canal and again was pleased to find I'd done it at 8.40 pace. Last year I was ecstatic to crack 9 minute miles for the same run.
It was a lovely day and there was lots to see and I'd taken my camera but couldn't be bothered stopping, so when I had a stop to take some layers off for the return journey along the canal I took a quick selfie. It would be wrong not to.

I'd forgotten that if I wear my rucksack with a top that doesn't have a collar it saws a hole in my neck. It's these little details that catch you out at every season's change.

3 comments:

Neil said...

Good stuff Mary we want to see you back at races soon

Yak Hunter said...

Thanks Neil. Got any good ideas for a race? I was just looking at the Balmoral 15 mile trail race because it sounds like a nice distance for a trail race, but it's £25 to enter and too far away really.

idleage said...

liking the pix a lot