Sunday 24 August 2014

Sunday Cycle





I went out a cycle on my new bike today to save my funny knee. I didn't do a very good job of documenting the journey though! At first it was great to be out on the bike and I wondered why anyone ever bothers running. I was going the main drag to North Berwick though and by the time I'd got to Gullane I was kind of bored. I know that stretch of road very well and it's not that scenic. So I turned around and went up the back roads that take you up towards Haddington and then right along to Longniddry. I paused to take a photo or two of a harvest field, just behind Aberlady.

Ever since I became a car driver I've felt more nervous about cycling on the roads. I think now I am just more aware of how invisible cyclists really are. When you are cycling along you feel like you're pretty obvious. That was kind of putting me off taking to the windy back roads. The minute I got onto the back roads though it was far more interesting cycling. I need to figure out some new routes to do.

It wasn't a big cycle at all. 24 miles altogether I think and then I got the train home and had a big nap on the couch. I had this fabulous dream in which I had to lower myself down from thin rusty iron frames but my arms were really strong so it was easy and woke up in a good mood.

No comments: