Saturday 20 December 2014

Saturday Run


Cirrus? 


I wanted to run more than 9 miles today to get my weekly mileage over 30 miles. It's an arbitrary mark - but it's my mark...

I stayed in longer than I normally would because I thought the postman would be bringing me a (my first) Kindle and some Gorilla Glue. My Christmas present to myself. Happy Christmas me...

But when the postie came I was unimpressed to find all there was was "Crown Paints" Magazine for Peter and a B&Q pamphlet....

So I set off later than I would have liked and in a baddish mood.

This time of year seems to lend itself to a shortening of the fuse and random spats were breaking out in our house. Out in the shops it's the same thing. Yesterday I went to Tesco's in the afternoon and there weren't that many people there but it was IMPOSSIBLE. There seemed to be a disproportionate number of your older adults in the shop, just standing in the middle of the aisles with their trolleys blocking the way and staring into space....gathering their thoughts perhaps. There is nothing less gratifying than becoming impatient with an old person...it doesn't make anybody feel good. Dear God old person could you take your trip down memory lane tucked in neatly at the side of the aisle, next to the Tuc biscuits, Ovaltine, Werther's Originals and Talcum Powder?

And in the traffic - there are queues everywhere - it is clearly Christmas related but I don't understand it. The lights changed from red to green to red three times before I could join Seafield Road yesterday because there was a queue of traffic going to...well where the hell were they going? Was it Benson's Beds? MacDonald's? Carpet Right? There's nowhere down there worth going to...how could there be a queue?

Foof. So it was a relief to get out running. To finally move unhampered. Or hampered only by my own limitations. One thing is that my muscles are achy. I wonder if it's something that happens at this time of year. Too little sunlight or something. I've been eating omega 3 fish oil capsules like they're going out of fashion to see if this helps, because it's supposed to. Peter raises his eyebrows and says I will turn into a fish. I don't mind if I do. Swimming would be easier.

The 2nd photo was from the other day when the winds came. The clouds changed. I had a look on google images and I reckon they're Cirrus Clouds. While looking for clouds on the internet I came across these pictures. The text isn't worth reading but the pictures are amazing...hardly believable...worth a shoofty...

No comments: