Saturday 1 July 2017

Saturday

You'd be forgiven for thinking that we don't do much running any more. But we did have quite a good run, in between taking photos of things. It seems like at the moment every week or so there's something different on show down in East Lothian. One day it was ladybirds, and another day it was Spotted Wood butterflies.

At the top of the charts today were Cinnabar moths, and the long, long grasses. There were two sightings of the rare "Common Blue"....moth or butterfly? I can't remember. Anyway, they just about drove Peter crazy...swooping in, teasing him, then flying off before he could get a decent shot.

I make a point of trying to remember and record my dreams sometimes, just to see what's going on and if I can make sense of it. I had a lie in this morning and I had a long, dithering dream about being in town with a crowd of people but me not being in charge of what we were doing - and maybe there was going to be a race on and maybe there wasn't, and I probably needed to get some kit but I didn't know what I needed and the car may or may not have been working.

Awake again I realised that kind of sums up where I am. There are things that might happen or might not - and it's out of my hands. There might be a new job that sounds good coming up - but it's not definite. They don't know if they can offer part-time hours or not - and I wouldn't definitely get it - I'm in with a chance, but it depends who applies. In the mean-time I have a last chance CBT audio to submit. I may or may not pass. There's 4%  in it. I'm no longer that worried about it.

So it's hard to plan, and it's hard to know what I need and it's difficult to prepare. So you might as well live in the present.

Here are some of the things I discovered in the present today.


















This last picture makes me look kind of like a big fat perv but I include it just for completeness.

Maybe we'll make for the hills tomorrow.

No comments: