Saturday 2 September 2017

More Skyline




These cattle were pretending to be harmless, but I don't buy it.

 





Sheep album cover.






Today was another foray into the Pentlands while Peter went and did one of his long runs with Steve Crane.
It was a nice bright morning but I was a bit tired.
It was good bumping into fellow mental health nurse David Taylor. While standing chatting to him, who should come running up the hill but Andrew Stavert, on the final leg of his run, which had started earlier.

I had intended to do all the 'rough' hills - starting at Hill End and going all the way to the far side of Hare Hill, but by the top of Black Hill I felt fairly stuffed, and hadn't brought anything to eat or drink along - so I ran to the 6 mile mark, which was half way down the far-side of Black Hill, - and then turned around.

My legs felt fairly good but yet again it was my feet and ankles that were making the fuss. More trying to run without landing. It makes you appreciate how soft the bog is though.

It was worthwhile getting out there, and I've a clearer idea about some route choices, but I wasn't as buoyant as last week, and I did start to wonder why I wanted to do the Skyline, which isn't good. "Why race when if you were just running you could have a nice sit down and a cup of tea?". Those kinds of thoughts. The slippery slope.

I didn't get any lunch until 4pm, but damn it was welcome.

No comments: