Sunday 1 October 2017

Le Weekend

Took my legs to Gullane yesterday to see if they could still run. They still could but they were a bit creaky so we didn't push it. Missed some pretty large rain storms.

As Peter pointed out - "The Ghosts on the Ghostbuster Poster".



We woke up this grumpy fellow. He couldn't make his displeasure clear enough.

Not pleased to see us either. (sigh)

Absolutely indifferent to our presence.

Threes a charm. We wondered if you could have a plague of butterflies.

As soon as we got home it started raining again.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today it was a palaver to get out the house. It was raining. Although in no way as damaged as last week, my legs were achy over night. In fact I have felt better. I felt like I couldn't taste my food properly yesterday. My knees ached over night. I wouldn't be surprised if I've got a brain tumour and just a matter of weeks to live. Or else I might be fine. I'm just not sure....

After a lot of humming and hawing and even considering not going out, I set off out for Arthur's Seat, telling Peter that if he liked I would lead him up some of the off-road sections.
As all the best leaders do, I led from behind on a number of sections. This was to improve Peter's confidence ahead of the Skyline next week. I had the odd sensation that my legs were not working together. I have felt perkier - but it was quite good fun. The sun came out and P cheered up by about 80%. Big gusts of wind came out of nowhere and tried to knock us off our feet. From the top we could see it was tipping down over the Pentlands, but we somehow avoided the rain altogether.
We ran a little over 6 miles round and about Arthur's Seat.

And now it is the descent into Sunday night.



Transported.

1 comment:

idleage said...

good comment on leadership - that's what wolves do; also the chap in front of you can hear your instructions/comments/adumbrations, which they can't if you're in front